Together, we're raising funds with Entertainment
HOW YOUR MEMBERSHIP HELPS QUEENSLANDERS ESCAPE DOMESTIC & FAMILY VIOLENCE
If you purchase the Single City, 1 year membership at $69.99, DVConnect will receive $14.
This $14 contribute to the cost of a taxi to transport a women and children away from a violent home, to safety.
If you purchase the Multi City, 1 year membership at $119.99, DVConnect receives $24.
This covers the cost of an emergency taxi to transport a women and children away from violence, to safety.
If you purchase the Multi Plus, 2 years for $229.99, DVConnect receives $46.
This means two entire families will receive an emergency taxi to remove them from violence, to safety.
WHAT DOES DVCONNECT DO?
- DVConnect is a not-for-profit organisation that has provided state-wide specialist domestic, family and sexual violence crisis counselling, intervention, information and pathways to safety (emergency housing and refuge) since 2002.
- DVConnect operates four telephone helplines, these are Womensline, Mensline, Sexual Assault Helpline, Pets In Crisis and 1800 RESPECT (Queensland operator). In addition, DVConnect also conducts workplace training to help organisations who employees are experiencing or are impacted by domestic and family violence. In addition, DVConnect provides specialist domestic and family policy assistance. In August 2019 DVConnect officially opened Bella's Sanctuary, a purpose-built 5 unit bridging-accommodation residence on the Gold Coast, funded entirely by a collaboration with corporates Halcyon and Mirvac.
- DVConnect operates crisis helplines to assist Queenslanders escape domestic and family violence, as well as sexual assault/sexual abuse. Across the helplines, we receive approximately 100,000 calls yearly. The helplines are:
- Womensline 1800 811 811
- Mensline 1800 600 636
- Sexual Assault Helpline 1800 010 120
- We also operate 1800RESPECT, the National confidential online and telephone specialist counselling, information and referral service.
Our Womensline has been funded by the Department of Child Safety, Youth and Women since 2002. The helpline is Queensland’s only free, state-wide services and is available 24 hours, 7 days a week, every day of the year for any Queenslander identifying as a female. Our Womensline arranges practical assistance such as emergency transport and emergency accommodation away from a violent home, as well as crisis counselling and intervention. Taking approximately 8000 calls every month, Womensline also assists over 600 women and more than 500 children away from domestic violence and into safe accommodation every month.
Our Mensline is divided into two sections, the first being our crisis helpline, which has been funded by the Department of Justice and Attorney General since 2002. The second being our Court Support, which is funded by Legal Aid. Our Mensline is a free, telephone crisis counselling referral and support line for any Queenslander identifying as male. It is available from 9am until midnight, 7 days a week, every day of the year. In the last financial year, Mensline received almost 15,000 phone calls and referrals. Mensline offers counselling, referral and support for both men who are experiencing domestic and family violence, as well as men who are using violence in their relationships, to help them amend their behaviours.
Sexual Assault Helpline
Our Sexual Assault Helpline has been funded by the Department of Child Safety, Youth and Women since 2009. Our helpline is a free telephone support and counselling to any Queenslander who has been sexually assaulted or abused. It is also for those who are concerned someone they care about might have been assaulted/abused. Available from 7.30am until 11.30pm, 7 days a week, every day of the year. Last financial year, the Sexual Assault Helpline received almost 2200 calls and referrals.
DVConnect operates the Queensland operation of 1800RESPECT, the National confidential online and telephone specialist counselling, information and referral service, available 24 hours, 7 days, every day of the year, in Queensland. 1800RESPECT provides support for people experiencing, or who are at risk of experiencing, sexual assault, domestic or family violence, their friends and family, as well as workers and professionals supporting someone experiencing, or at risk of experiencing sexual assault, domestic or family violence.
Pets In Crisis
DVConnect works directly with the RSPCA Queensland to provide the states Pets In Crisis Program. The program cares for the pets of families experiencing domestic violence. It provides food, safe shelter, as well as veterinary services. Last financial year Pets In Crisis cared for almost 300 pets. Our Pets in Crisis program is administered by calling DVConnect on 1800 811 811.